15 Feb Key Charts To Keep You Awake In 2019Outline
- U.S, the market leader for stocks since the Mar 2009 bottom had finally succumbed to downside pressure where the S&P 500 declined by 20% from its all-time high of 2941 printed on 21 Sep 2018 to hit a low of 2346 on 26 Dec 2018 amid a slowing global economy. Interestingly, since 26 Dec 2018, global stock markets have rallied by 9% to 13% that shrugged off worries from revenue downgrades from key bellwether stocks such as Apple and FedEx. To make things more controversial, on 23 Dec 2018, it was reported that the U.S. Treasury secretary had a “pep talk” with top U.S. bankers to find out whether there is any stress in the U.S. financial system. To seasoned market watchers, this “call” from the U.S. Treasury secretary can be implied the assemble of the controversial “Plunge Protection Team” to support any further decline in the stock market. On top of that, there was sudden string of “Fed talks” from officials including Fed Chair Powell that advocated patience in raising the Fed funds interest rate.
- Right now, there is debate whether global policy leaders are trying to extend the life of an ageing bull market for risk assets and engineer another impulsive up move phase similar in Oct 2011 and Feb 2016. To make better sense of the current situation, I will be sharing various key charts drawn from economic data and technical analysis charting on various key asset classes that covers the whole spectrum of the markets from stocks, FX, commodities and even cryptocurrencies to navigate a cloudy 2019.
Kelvin Wong, Chief Technical Strategist (Asia), City Index
Kelvin has over 12 years’ experience in providing market research and employs a combination of fundamental and technical analysis, specialising in utilising Elliot Wave and Fibonacci analysis. He has worked at leading research firms and hedge funds as an FX and equities analyst and, before joining City Index in August 2013, was a senior equities and indices analyst at French research firm BBSP where he advised Asian hedge funds and international investment banks. Kelvin has a Certified Financial Technician (CFTe) award from the International Federation of Technical Analysts (IFTA) and is a member of the IFTA. He has conducted technical analysis seminars and training programmes for thousands of private traders in Singapore and Malaysia.
19 Mar Why you should trade Dow Jones, S&P and Nasdaq and how you can do it profitably?
Wouldn't it be good if you could find a easy and profitable strategy to trade the US indices? Find out how you can do it in this special TASS workshop where using simple technical analysis, you can trade the US indices intraday and have your profits before you go to sleep.
231 Bain St, #04-37 Bras Basah Complex, Singapore 180231
[How to get there]
Jonathan Tan, from Charting Academy, is one of the most sought-after trader featured on YouTube. He trades various markets from Singapore stocks to US markets. In addition, his speciality is in trading Hang Seng, Dow Jones / S&P500 Futures and also in Forex and commodities. He shares his views on the market and how to trade using Technical Analysis. A charismatic speaker who has trained hundreds of people around the region both online and offline, his views and regular updates are widely followed and sought after by traders.
23 Apr So what’s your troubles with options?Session Introduction
Options are often misperceived, misunderstood and misused in many trading and investing portfolios. Paul looks at the three stages in the options journey, and the issues surrounding each.
Options Perception - Dealing with the myths
- Most options expire worthless
- Options are risky
- Options are for expert traders
- Options are complicated
- Is there an inherent problem with the way options are taught?
- Do some who teach options suffer from the Curse of Knowledge?
- How well does Technical Analysis and Options Trading integrate?
- The 8 most common mistakes of options trading
- Cognitive biases with options trading
Paul McLaren, the creator of the RoToR Payoff Diagram®, is the Managing Director of Enhance Your Options Pty Ltd, an Australian-based company specialising in options education and training. Paul is an entertaining and highly regarded speaker having delivered presentations in Australia, USA, United Kingdom, Europe, South-East Asia and New Zealand and presented global webinars for the CMT Association and IFTA. He also recently presented at the IFTA 2018 conference in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and previously at the IFTA 2017 Conference in Milan, Italy.
7 May Navigate big debt cycles - Market Outlook in 2H2019Synopsis
Margaret will share with you on her macroeconomic view through the big debt cycles, inspired by Ray Dalio’s latest book Principles for Navigating Big Debt Crisis. Technical Analysis elements will also be infused in her analysis of major equity indices, commodities and selected stocks. Global economy has settled on a soft foot at the start of 2019, and Federal Reserve has led global central bank into easing cycle again. Interest rate hikes are paused. Will the confrontation between US and China eventually catalyst a negative spiral in fundamentals and pop the largest debt bubble ever? Join this unique seminar to understand more.
Location9 Raffles Place #30-02
Republic Plaza Tower 1
7 May (Tue), 7pm - 9pm
Margaret Yang Yan, CFA, is the market analyst of CMC Market. With years of trading experience in stocks, futures, bonds and derivatives, she brought us fresh insight of Indices and macro-economics.
CMC Markets' Market Analyst, Margaret has a dealing and trading background. She has traded equities, futures, options, ETFs and fixed income, across regional and global markets for many years. Her exposure to fund management – specialising in hedging – provides a knowledge of risk management, and fresh insight into markets in and beyond our region.
Margaret is fluent in Chinese and English and she is frequently invited for live interviews with Channel News Asia, Bloomberg TV, and local radio programs 938 and 958. Her market insights are often cited in financial media such as Financial Times, Wall Street Journal, Yahoo Finance, Business Times, Bloomberg, and Straits Times.
12 Jun Intro to Algo Robot TradingOutline
- Social Copy Trading Platform.
- Requirement for DIY Algo Robot Trading.
- How to develop Robot or EA (Expert Advisor)?
- Where to download free EA?
- Latest trend in Algo Robot development.
- Graduated from National University of Singapore major in Computer Science and Mathematics. Diploma in Investment from Institute of Banking & Finance (IBF)
- Worked with financial companies including Government of Singapore Investment Corporation (GIC) and top international money broking house for over 20 years as System Development Manager
- Started full time trading as SGX TMI (Trading Member Individual) since 2006
- Currently a full time private trader
- Trading instrument include forex, commodities and futures derivatives
- With strong programming background, Raymond is one of the pioneers in developing auto trading system via Expert Advisor in MT4 platform since 2005
- Raymond has developed many systems over past 10 years
- Ninja-system5 was top 10 of Zulutrader signal provider list in year 2010
- Ninja-system3 achieved 767% in one year from May2013-May2014 by myfxbook
- Founder and Developer of Hang Seng Turning Point System (HS TPS). Conducted many classroom session since 2015. Detail at Advance Turning Point Index Coaching ---> http://AdvanceTPS.blogspot.com
18 Jul A review and continuation of the Dow Jones Index. Plus forecast and factors to watch out forOutline
In this talk, we will review the Dow Jones cycle which we covered at the previous AGM.
- Is the bullish cycle for the Dow still intact or has the bear comes out of hibernation?
- Are the current factors still in play or are they replaced by the inverted yield curve?
- Going forward, what are the events and factors to watch out for?
Find out after voting for your TASS's president and committee.
Village Hotel Bugis
390 Victoria Street, #05-01
[How to get there?]
Nicholas Tan has more than 20 years of experience in the area of foreign exchange (forex) trading. He worked for 13 years as a forex trader with banks in Singapore, gathering much invaluable experience in the process. He rose from the ranks to vice president, making millions for the banks in those years. From 2005 to 2008, Nicholas Tan was involved in the Diploma in Wealth Management Course at a private institute where he taught as a free lance lecturer, a module on forex and CFD Trading (stock market). In conjunction with Rank Books and Rank Seminar, Nicholas Tan has been running monthly forex trading classes since 2007. This class is now Singapore’s longest running forex class, and has exposed hundreds of participants to his simple yet highly effective forex trading techniques. Besides a Bachelor Degree in Business Administration from the National University of Singapore, Nicholas Tan is also a Chartered Market Technician (CMT) and a Certified Financial Technician (CFTe).Event Agenda
6:30pm Registration opens
6:30pm Buffet dinner (until 10pm)
7:30pm Annual General Meeting
8:00pm TASS Talk
[Non-members are welcomed to attend this event with an entrance fee of $60, which includes buffet dinner. ]