Certified Financial Technician
Certification courses from IFTA (International Federation of Technical Analysts)
- Certified Financial Technician (Level-1)
- Certified Financial Technician (Level-2)
This two-stage education and testing program in technical analysis is offered to members of IFTA-affiliated societies worldwide. Upon successful completion of both levels, the candidate is awarded the "Certified Financial Technician" designation, which certifies that the candidate has a thorough knowledge of the field, and is able to understand and apply advanced technical analysis concepts and tools.
Technical Analysts Society of Singapore (TASS) is a member of IFTA-affiliated Societies, thus in Singapore, only TASS members are eligible to take IFTA Certification programmes.
More information on Certifications & IFTA are available at http://www.ifta.org/certifications
|Certification||IFTA Member Colleagues||Non-Members|
|Certified Financial Technician (Level-1)||US$550||US$850|
|Certified Financial Technician (Level-2)||US$850*||US$1,150*|
*Additional Fees (CFTe II only): $100 US applies for non-IFTA proctored exam locationsi>
General information and procedure on CFTe
- IFTA organizes the CFTe Leve-1 exam online year round and the Level-2 exam twice a year (Apr & Nov). Applicant needs to join TASS as a member before taking exams. You will be guided with the subsequent steps when you become a TASS member. For membership application, please look for the "membership" in the drawdown menu of the web page.
- Both courses for these two levels are self-taught, you will be given a reading list. The books in the list could be borrowed from TASS library. Copies of past year exam papers are also provided.
- You have to pass the level one exam before proceeding to the level two exam, and you are not allowed to take these two exams at the same time.
- TASS does not have the information regarding the career prospect for CFTe Level one and Level two holders, thus unable to provide any advice.
- Your TASS membership MUST be valid before you register for the exam if you are an existing member.
- Payment will be made to IFTA.
- For candidates taking Level-2 exam in Singapore, IFTA will make necessary arrangement with TASS, and you will be notified of the details in due course.
- For candidates taking Level-2 exam in other countries, you need to make special arrangement directly with IFTA.
- For other questions, you are strongly advised to write to IFTA through the email, email@example.com
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: As I understand, to be able to sit for the CFTe certification, one has to be a member of the local IFTA-affiliated society, is this correct?
A: Yes, you need to be a TASS member first, upon completion of the membership formalities, you will be able to register and enrol for CFTe certification via IFTA website.
Q: I'm from India and I want to participate in CFTe Leve-I & II in Singapore. How can I do so ?
A: First, join and become a TASS member. Then, you will be able to register via IFTA website for further arrangement, such as payment and exam location matters. You can visit www.ifta.org to download and complete the exam registration form and fax/scan and email it back to IFTA concerned. Online registration via IFTA website is also available since 2007.
Q: I am interested in becoming a member and write the CFTe and MFTA programs. Please send me more information about the cost and procedures involved? Does TASS have any affiliation with MTA and their CMT program as well?
A: You are kindly advice to visit following links where you can found more useful information :http://www.ifta.org/certifications/financial/ , http://www.ifta.org/certifications/faq/. So far TASS do not have any affiliation with MTA.
Q: Also, would there be classes conducted by TASS or other providers in the preparations for the certification?
A: FYI, this is self-studied certification. Currently, the society does not conduct lessons, but we may consider it in future if demands is great, please visit TASS website frequently for such announcement.
Q: I am interested in pursuing the CFTe qualification. I like to know how marketable this qualification is in Singapore. In other words, in terms of employability, what positions would be open to CFTe? And, how many in Singapore actually hold this qualification?
A: Not so many people in Singapore have CFTe qualification. Vacancies for technical analysts are limited in Singapore, that is why we are here to promote the TA education.
Q: Where can I get advice should I encounter difficulties on the CFTe program?
A: So far there is no official classes regarding CFTe conducted in Singapore.
Q: What are the typical positions held by CFTe holders? How about in other countries like the US and Australia? Are they confined to performing as Technical Analysts?
A: To be frank, We are not so sure about the situation of the position held by CFTe, and in other countries, but will try to get such information and post them on web once have.
Q: I'm a resident in Malaysia and am interested in the CFTe exam, Will Singapore be one of the exam locations, please?
A: Yes, Singapore is one of the exam centers. To take the exam in Malaysia or other countries, please arrange separately with IFTA or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q: I am interested in the above exams and would like to find out what is the cost of sitting the exam and if the study materials are provided and if not where can we purchase the study material.
A: CFTe Level-1 cost USD550 (IFTA Member) / USD850* (non IFTA Member), while CFTe Level-2 cost USD850 (IFTA Member) / USD1150* (non IFTA Member). They only have a reference book list, most of which TASS is equipped in our library, and candidates could borrow from our library. For purchasing of the materials, candidates need to arrange to purchase the books themselves.
Q: If I want sit for the IFTA's CFTe Certification Exam, what will be the deadline?
A: The CFTe deadline for application normally is 1-2 months before the schedule examination date.
Q: If I wish to choose test centre as Singapore will you provide me VISA and its necessary arrangement ?
A: Sorry, TASS does not provide such service.
Q: Just wondering what would be the CFTe Examination Fees for TASS Members? Are members entitled to any discounts?
A: The fee structure is fixed and payable to IFTA with no discount. Level-1 USD500 and Level-2 USD800.
Q: Can i confirm that TASS holds this examination twice a year? If so, may i know when will the next test date be? Are the test dates cyclical (ie. regular twice-yearly dates around the same periods)?
A: Yes, twice a year, normally in April and November. For upcoming exams schedule, kindly visit www.tass.org.sg for latest update.